Winter Activities & Rentals
At Mormon Lake Lodge we don't just deal with winter, we embrace it. From the slopes to miles upon miles of pristine backcountry trails, no destination boasts more terrain to explore. Whether you're a first-timer learning to cross country ski or a seasoned skier, Mormon Lake Lodge welcomes all. And no destination makes the winter vacation more memorable.
You'll find more than just spectacular scenery and unparalleled cross country skiing. Enjoy snowmobiling in Coconino National Forest's winter wonderland. Bring your own snowshoes and check out our many trails.
Cross country skis and snowmobile rentals available
928-354-2227, ext 10
- Daily Cross Country Skis, Boots and Poles: Adults $18/day, Junior $12/day
- Trail Fees: Individual Rate $8/day, Family Rate for up to 4 people, $19/day
- Guided Single Snowmobile tours through miles of forest trails:
- $69 single
- $89 double
- Rates are per hour, 1- 2 hour tours
- Above rates include gas, helmet and guide.
The Mormon Lake Lodge Winter Activity Center holds a special use permit with Coconino National Forest for use of the trail system. Please; pets, motorized vehicles, and hikers are not allowed on groomed ski trails. Snowshoes are welcome. Kindly, please, stay off of the groomed tracks.
General Information / Regulations:
- Reservations are first come, first served or can be made no more than one week in advance. Credit card and ID required. Reservations are taken depending on current weather and snow conditions.
- Full payment is due at the time of booking.
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours prior to the reserved time for a refund.
- Children under the age of sixteen (16) cannot operate a snowmobile on their own.
- Doubles are permitted for child and youth riders (12 Years or older).
- Youth ages 16 to 17 can operate their own machine but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Riders must arrive thirty (30) minutes prior to reservation time to complete necessary paperwork and receive orientation. Riders arriving late for their scheduled tour may be rebooked for a later time (No Guarantees). Tours will leave without riders if past reservation time.
- Protective eyewear, winter clothing, gloves, boots, etc., are required for all riders. The Mormon Lake General Store sells gloves, dark glasses, clothing. Helmets are required and provided.
Bring a camera and binoculars!
Call 928-354-2227 Ext 10 to check hours and snow conditions.